"By the early 1800s, the North and the South were developing very different ways of life. These differences, including the debate over slavery, states' rights, and differing economic and social goals, were ultimately the cause of the American Civil War."
Assignment: Choose one of the following causes of the civil war that are described in Study Island...
-Slavery and Sectionalism
-The Missouri Compromise
-Webster-Hayne Debate and the Nullification Debate
-Compromise of 1850
-Fugitive Slave Act
-John Brown's Raid on Harpers Ferry
In this blog post do the following for the cause you choose...
- Include a description of the event in 5 or more sentences (5 points)
- Write a description on how the north viewed this event (2.5 points)
- Write a description on how the south viewed this event (2.5 points)
- In 2-3 sentences write your own view on this event/how you feel about it (2.5 points)
- Your writing should be well organized and have few spelling errors ...includes a description of where you found your information....for example, Study Island, Wikipedia, ect. (2.5 points)